Translation of acute in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] [appendicitis/infection] agudo 1.2 (serious) [crisis/shortage] graveExample sentences
- An acute shortage of experienced staff is undermining growth, says Wong.
- One issue that all the various groups on East Riding of Yorkshire Council agree on is the acute shortage of affordable housing throughout the region.
- There is an acute shortage of housing in Colchester and a great need for first time buyers to get on the ladder.
- 2 2.1 (intense) [pain] agudo; [pleasure/anxiety] profundo 2.2 [sense of smell] fino, muy desarrollado; [sight/hearing] agudoExample sentences
- They have a keen sense of smell, acute hearing, but poor eyesight.
- Its sight is marvellously keen, hearing exceedingly acute, and sense of smell wonderfully perfect.
- They use night vision and an acute sense of hearing to find prey in the dark.
- Symptoms of acute disease resolve by one to three months, although some persons have prolonged fatigue.
- The most severe stages of acute asthma are respiratory failure, cardiopulmonary arrest, and death.
- Bacterial infection can cause acute arthritis with inflammation, which constitutes an emergency.
- Of all American presidents, Lincoln had the most acute religious insight.
- Tom Hamilton has produced an acute and insightful response to my post on euthanasia, of a kind with which it is a pleasure to engage.
- My students articulate an acute awareness, if not a full understanding, of academic labor issues.
- 4 4.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] agudo 4.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] agudoExample sentences
- It has a large posterior auricle that has a concave posterior margin meeting the hinge at an acute angle.
- An Adam Heyslip corner from the right was met by the unmarked Darren Flanagan at the back post and from an acute angle, he tucked the ball to the corner of the net giving the keeper little chance.
- As Pelonis describes it, many compression ceilings are set at an acute angle to the front wall and are typically very hard.
noun/nombre ( also acute accent)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.