- [colloquial] → advertisement 1Example sentences
- Galleries are also available of the posters and print ads used to advertise the movie.
- Bash is also trying to decrease the number of tobacco commercials and ads on television and in the media.
- A quick survey of all the commercials on television and ads in newspapers would make us believe that it does.
- An experimental No Ad tennis scoring system will be used at a professional tournament for the first time next week in an attempt to make the game more attractive to television.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.