Translation of adapt in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- adaptar the seat can be adapted to fit any car el asiento se adapta a cualquier modelo de coche to adapt a novel/play for television adaptar una novela/obra para la televisión we adapt our methods to the students' needs adaptamos nuestros métodos a las necesidades de los alumnos to adapt oneself adaptarse, amoldarseExample sentences
- Individual countries can no longer adapt monetary policy to suit their particular economic situation.
- An existing in-house induction programme was adapted for the company's overseas staff.
- In the current investigation, a number of existing measures were adapted for use.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- adaptarse to adapt
tosth/ -ingadaptarse aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoshe can't adapt to living alone no puede adaptarse a vivir solaExample sentences
- If one is to enjoy any return on the investment, one must be smart, work diligently and adapt to local conditions.
- They adapt to the conditions here, the climate, the training, the food.
- It is willing to adapt to new world conditions, and to absorb new technologies and investments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.