transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- adaptar the seat can be adapted to fit any car el asiento se adapta a cualquier modelo de coche to adapt a novel/play for television adaptar una novela/obra para la televisión we adapt our methods to the students' needs adaptamos nuestros métodos a las necesidades de los alumnos to adapt oneself adaptarse, amoldarseMore example sentences
- Individual countries can no longer adapt monetary policy to suit their particular economic situation.
- An existing in-house induction programme was adapted for the company's overseas staff.
- In the current investigation, a number of existing measures were adapted for use.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- adaptarse to adapt
tosth/ -ingadaptarse aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoshe can't adapt to living alone no puede adaptarse a vivir solaMore example sentences
- If one is to enjoy any return on the investment, one must be smart, work diligently and adapt to local conditions.
- They adapt to the conditions here, the climate, the training, the food.
- It is willing to adapt to new world conditions, and to absorb new technologies and investments.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.