nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
- 1.1 (change, adjustment) adaptación (f), modificación (f) adaptation
tosth adaptación aalgoMore example sentences1.2 [Cinema/Cine] [Theater/Teatro] adaptación (feminine)
More example sentences
- It is a process of adaptation, a habit acquired with effort, pain, and tedium.
- This was considered critical for highly educated immigrants, because settlement and adaptation is facilitated by social interaction.
- Both processes exemplify adaptation or adjustment, but very different mechanisms must be involved.
- Television dramas were usually adaptations of stage plays, and invariably about upper classes.
- So his latest film, an adaptation of his stage play, The Far Side of the Moon, comes as a shock.
- Robert Louis Stevenson's timeless tale of ships and pirates has been a huge success in the guises of film and television adaptations.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.