- 1.1 [Electricity/Electricidad] (plug — with several sockets) enchufe (masculine) múltiple, ladrón (masculine), triple (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) ; (— for different sockets) adaptador (masculine) AC o (British English/inglés británico) mains adapter transformador (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (connecting device) [Technology/Tecnología] adaptador (masculine)
More example sentences
- A North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the cause of the blaze was an overloaded electrical socket adapter.
- So picture me, kneeling on my bed, trying to jiggle loose this plug, which is plugged into a six-plug adapter.
- The overloaded adaptor was removed and John was asked to plug the toaster in safely.
- It is an adaptor that converts the analog signal that is generated by your standard phone into a digital signal.
- There's also a connector (and an adapter if you need it) for handling different types of monitors.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two adapters to convert the DVI connections for standard VGA use.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.