- 1.1 [Electricity/Electricidad] (plug — with several sockets) enchufe (m) múltiple, ladrón (m), triple (m) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) ; (— for different sockets) adaptador (masculine) AC o (British English/inglés británico) mains adapter transformador (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (connecting device) [Technology/Tecnología] adaptador (masculine)
More example sentences
- A North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the cause of the blaze was an overloaded electrical socket adapter.
- So picture me, kneeling on my bed, trying to jiggle loose this plug, which is plugged into a six-plug adapter.
- The overloaded adaptor was removed and John was asked to plug the toaster in safely.
- It is an adaptor that converts the analog signal that is generated by your standard phone into a digital signal.
- There's also a connector (and an adapter if you need it) for handling different types of monitors.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two adapters to convert the DVI connections for standard VGA use.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.