- 1.1 [Elec] (plug — with several sockets) enchufe (m) múltiple, ladrón (m), triple (m) (CS) ; (— for different sockets) adaptador (m) AC o (BrE) mains adapter transformador (m)More example sentences1.2 (connecting device) [Tech] adaptador (m)
More example sentences
- A North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the cause of the blaze was an overloaded electrical socket adapter.
- So picture me, kneeling on my bed, trying to jiggle loose this plug, which is plugged into a six-plug adapter.
- The overloaded adaptor was removed and John was asked to plug the toaster in safely.
- It is an adaptor that converts the analog signal that is generated by your standard phone into a digital signal.
- There's also a connector (and an adapter if you need it) for handling different types of monitors.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two adapters to convert the DVI connections for standard VGA use.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.