- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Mathematics/Matemáticas] suma (feminine), adición (feminine) [formal] to learn addition and subtraction aprender a sumar y restarMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (adding) adición (feminine) she recommends the addition of brandy recomienda que se le añada or que se le agregue brandy
- That is addition, multiplication and the two inverse operations of subtraction and division.
- Yet addition and also subtraction are only an extension of counting.
- The Count Hoot section of the site helps with addition and subtraction as well.
More example sentences1.3 (in phrases/en locuciones) in addition además in addition to además de in addition to our previous order además de nuestro pedido anterior
- This suggests that Component 3 is not a vector addition but could be a single component.
- Superimposing the two logical operations we can define binary addition.
- We were reviewing vector addition this evening at a study session.
- A wakeboard is similar in shape to a snowboard, with the addition of two small fins on the underside.
- With the addition of a few commas and the striking out of the one paragraph, the deal already on the table will finally go through.
- The colour range favours warm and tropical colours, with the addition of blue and sea green.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (extra thing) these rooms are later additions estas habitaciones se construyeron después a useful addition to your toolkit un práctico complemento para su caja de herramientas the latest additions to our library las últimas adquisiciones de nuestra biblioteca 2.2 countable/numerable (extra person) she is a valuable addition to our team su incorporación a nuestro equipo es muy valiosa we're expecting an addition to the family dentro de poco aumentará la familia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.