Translation of adequate in Spanish:
- 1 (sufficient)(assistance/funding)we didn't get adequate notice
suficienteno se nos avisó con la suficiente anticipaciónExample sentences
- They point to figures that show current oil supplies are more than adequate to satisfy demand.
- Allocation of adequate resources for research in these fields is highly desirable.
- The band simply didn't have the time or resources to find an adequate replacement for Frank.
- 2 (good enough) work of an adequate standardun trabajo de un nivel aceptablethe room was perfectly adequatela habitación estaba bien or no estaba nada malto be adequate to something/
-inghe isn't adequate to the taskno es una persona idónea or competente para realizar la tareais she adequate to being left in charge?¿se la puede dejar al mando?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.