Translation of adjust in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(instrument)
poner a punto(volume/temperature/speed)don't forget to adjust your watches
regularno se olviden de cambiar la hora de su relojdo not adjust your setno ajuste los controles de su televisoradjust the mirrorajuste el retrovisoradjust seasoning to tastesazonar a gustoadjust the belt to fitajuste el cinturón a su medidaExample sentences1.2 (modify)
(prices/wages)1.3 (straighten, correct) he adjusted his tie
- Furthermore, all analyses were statistically adjusted for intervention and control status.
- The seat height was adjusted for each individual before each test using a standardized method.
- The standard errors of the model estimates were adjusted for the clustering of patients within hospitals.
ajustarse arregló la corbata
- (seat/strap)(person)to adjust (
tosomething/ -ing)adaptarse or amoldarse ( aalgo/+ infinitive)Example sentences
- It continually adjusts to the owner's driving preferences, tuning itself to provide more power on demand for better fuel economy.
- Length is adjusted by loosening the knurled locking collar only a halt turn, after which the post adjusts to the desired height and is secured by another half turn of the locking collar.
- The handset is dominated by a 176 mm X 320 mm colour display screen that adjusts to the users' hand movements to allow for tilting, scrolling and zooming.
- By the time we got to the car I had already adjusted to my new situation.
- I am frankly filled with admiration at the way in which Australians have reacted and adjusted to this new situation.
- And Minnesotans seem adjusted to the taxes, calling their state high tax, high service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.