Translation of adjust in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [instrument] ajustar, poner* a punto; [volume/temperature/speed] regular don't forget to adjust your watches no se olviden de cambiar la hora de su reloj do not adjust your set no ajuste los controles de su televisor adjust the mirror ajuste el retrovisor adjust seasoning to taste sazonar a gusto adjust the belt to fit ajuste el cinturón a su medida 1.2 (modify) [prices/wages] ajustarExample sentences1.3 (straighten, correct) arreglar he adjusted his tie se arregló la corbata
- Furthermore, all analyses were statistically adjusted for intervention and control status.
- The seat height was adjusted for each individual before each test using a standardized method.
- The standard errors of the model estimates were adjusted for the clustering of patients within hospitals.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [seat/strap] poderse* ajustar [person]to adjust (
tosth/ -ing) adaptarse or amoldarse ( aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivo)Example sentences
- It continually adjusts to the owner's driving preferences, tuning itself to provide more power on demand for better fuel economy.
- Length is adjusted by loosening the knurled locking collar only a halt turn, after which the post adjusts to the desired height and is secured by another half turn of the locking collar.
- The handset is dominated by a 176 mm X 320 mm colour display screen that adjusts to the users' hand movements to allow for tilting, scrolling and zooming.
- By the time we got to the car I had already adjusted to my new situation.
- I am frankly filled with admiration at the way in which Australians have reacted and adjusted to this new situation.
- And Minnesotans seem adjusted to the taxes, calling their state high tax, high service.
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.