Translation of adjustment in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (alteration — to machine, instrument) ajuste (masculine); (— to figures) ajuste (masculine), reajuste (masculine); (— to clothes) arreglo (masculine); (— to plan, system) cambio (masculine), modificación (feminine) to make adjustments to a machine hacerle* ajustes a una máquina the plan needs some minor adjustments el plan necesita algunos pequeños cambios or algunas pequeñas modificaciones, el plan necesita algunos retoques we had to make some adjustments to our lifestyle tuvimos que cambiar or adaptar un pocoExample sentences
- Indeed, the same spoon reamers were probably also used to make adjustments to the tuning of their instruments.
- Also watch for players trying to make "last minute adjustments."
- Then, I checked the micrometer height adjustment shaft - its bearing surfaces were worn out!
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (act, process) 2.1 (of machine, instrument) ajuste (masculine), puesta (feminine) a punto; (of speed, height) ajuste (masculine) 2.2 (of person) adaptación (feminine) adjustment
tosth/ -ingadaptación (feminine) aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivothe period of adjustment el período de adaptaciónExample sentences
- Yes, some rich people will benefit from such an adjustment.
- He said, how many people you have gotten a permanent adjustment.
- He has made a slight adjustment successfully.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.