Translation of administer in Spanish:
- 2 [formal] (punishment/drug/sacrament)to administer something (
tosomebody)administrar(le) algo (she administered the oath to the witness aalguien) [formal]juramentó or le tomó juramento al testigohe administered a stern rebuke to themles administró una severa reprimenda
los reprendió con severidadExample sentences
- The drug and placebo were administered at school.
- Nurses are taking over tasks from junior doctors administering intravenous drugs, doing endoscopies, preoperative assessment, and some prescribing.
- As a young child, Spear helped the local veterinarian with the livestock, including giving blood transfusions and administering medications.
- And the old English common law treated the servant as a member of the family and that's why the master could administer corporal punishment for example.
- But I'm not sure I agree with police being able to administer corporal punishment!
- A curious person in court then wanted to know if the man had anything to say while he was administering the punishment.
- The Sacrament will be administered by the priests at the ceremonies.
- Male pastoral workers are allowed to work in parishes; deacons can administer the sacraments of baptism and marriage.
- Parish directors and lay ministers are asked to prepare candidates for baptism or marriage, then to step aside when a priest arrives to administer the sacraments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.