- 1 u (managing) 1.1 (of institution, business) administración (f), dirección (f); (of country) gobierno (m), administración (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of estate, fund) administración (f)
- The awards were in courses such as business administration, information processing, performing arts and art, craft and design.
- They bog down in the day-to-day administration of a small business and bemoan the lack of time to draw.
- This individual has a bachelor of arts degree in economics and a master of business administration degree.
More example sentences
- Another role of Mercosur is to help member countries to overcome their internal problems such as those linked with public administration and the control of inflation.
- The importance placed by the public on administration and governance can also be seen in Donald Tsang's very high public poll numbers.
- As an article of faith, new public management urges that public administration be animated by clearly defined organizational objectives.
- An obvious example would be, he submits, if the Company went into administration for the purposes of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Angry creditors have been left owed thousands of pounds after a Yorkshire estate agent went into administration, it emerged yesterday.
- Shortly thereafter it went into insolvency administration.
- 2 c 2.1 (managing body) administración (f) he complained to (the) administration se quejó a la administración 2.2 [Pol] gobierno (m), administración (f); (before n) [official/spokesman] gubernamental, del gobierno, de la administraciónMore example sentences
More example sentences
- During the Cold War, successive administrations pursued a policy of ‘containment’ against the Soviet Union.
- It will continue regardless of whether we have Republican or Democratic administrations in power.
- Successive governments and Paris municipal administrations have allowed the situation to worsen.
- Officials with the administration said the person responsible for the overloading would be severely punished.
- Thus, it is uncontested that the administration is wholly responsible for the imposition of the new steel tariffs.
- In response, the university administration was largely silent.
- 3 u (of justice, medicine, sacrament) administración (f); (of aid, relief) suministro (m) the administration of the oath la toma del juramentoMore example sentences
- If we can't stop crime, at least we can do is aim for the effective administration of justice.
- The claim that bromelain cannot be effective after oral administration is definitely refuted at this time.
- But the family, he added, understands ‘that the fair administration of justice takes time.’
- 4 (in insolvency law) intervención (f) Acmeco is in administration Acmeco ha sido intervenida
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.