Translation of administration in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (managing) 1.1 (of institution, business) administración (feminine), dirección (feminine); (of country) gobierno (masculine), administración (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of estate, fund) administración (feminine)
- The awards were in courses such as business administration, information processing, performing arts and art, craft and design.
- They bog down in the day-to-day administration of a small business and bemoan the lack of time to draw.
- This individual has a bachelor of arts degree in economics and a master of business administration degree.
- Another role of Mercosur is to help member countries to overcome their internal problems such as those linked with public administration and the control of inflation.
- The importance placed by the public on administration and governance can also be seen in Donald Tsang's very high public poll numbers.
- As an article of faith, new public management urges that public administration be animated by clearly defined organizational objectives.
- An obvious example would be, he submits, if the Company went into administration for the purposes of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Angry creditors have been left owed thousands of pounds after a Yorkshire estate agent went into administration, it emerged yesterday.
- Shortly thereafter it went into insolvency administration.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (managing body) administración (feminine) he complained to (the) administration se quejó a la administración 2.2 [Politics/Política] gobierno (masculine), administración (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [official/spokesman] gubernamental, del gobierno, de la administraciónExample sentences
- During the Cold War, successive administrations pursued a policy of ‘containment’ against the Soviet Union.
- It will continue regardless of whether we have Republican or Democratic administrations in power.
- Successive governments and Paris municipal administrations have allowed the situation to worsen.
- Officials with the administration said the person responsible for the overloading would be severely punished.
- Thus, it is uncontested that the administration is wholly responsible for the imposition of the new steel tariffs.
- In response, the university administration was largely silent.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (of justice, medicine, sacrament) administración (feminine); (of aid, relief) suministro (masculine) the administration of the oath la toma del juramentoExample sentences
- If we can't stop crime, at least we can do is aim for the effective administration of justice.
- The claim that bromelain cannot be effective after oral administration is definitely refuted at this time.
- But the family, he added, understands ‘that the fair administration of justice takes time.’
- 4 (in insolvency law) intervención (feminine) Acmeco is in administration Acmeco ha sido intervenida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.