- 1.1 (respect) [courage/skill/work] admirarMore example sentences1.2 (take pleasure in) [scenery] admirar I was just admiring your tablecloth me estaba fijando en lo bonito que es el mantel my dress was much admired mi vestido tuvo mucho éxito
More example sentences
- It is good for men to respect and admire them, without expecting favours or punishments from them.
- He quite clearly loves Europe, respecting its diversity but admiring its ambitious attempt to unify.
- He was a good father, grandfather and friend and he was highly respected and admired by many.
- The airborne action is less fluid than the rest, but at least you get to admire the impressive scenery.
- It was hot when I woke but not so much that I couldn't enjoy a brief stroll around the garden, admiring the flowers in the sunshine.
- They are now looking forward to watching the garden blossom and admiring the fruits of their hard work.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.