Translation of admire in Spanish:
- 1 (respect)(courage/skill/work)
- It is good for men to respect and admire them, without expecting favours or punishments from them.
- He quite clearly loves Europe, respecting its diversity but admiring its ambitious attempt to unify.
- He was a good father, grandfather and friend and he was highly respected and admired by many.
- 2 (take pleasure in)(scenery)I was just admiring your tablecloth
admirarme estaba fijando en lo bonito que es el mantelmy dress was much admiredmi vestido tuvo mucho éxitoExample sentences
- The airborne action is less fluid than the rest, but at least you get to admire the impressive scenery.
- It was hot when I woke but not so much that I couldn't enjoy a brief stroll around the garden, admiring the flowers in the sunshine.
- They are now looking forward to watching the garden blossom and admiring the fruits of their hard work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.