Translation of adore in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (like, enjoy) I adore figs me encantan or me enloquecen los higos he adores being flattered le encanta que lo adulen I adored her last film su última película me pareció sensacional or me encantó 1.2 (love) [wife/son] adorar they adore each other se adoran 1.3(adoring present participle/participio presente)[gaze] lleno de adoración; [parents] amantísimoExample sentences1.4 (worship) [God/deity] adorar
- He loved people, adored our friends and was the life of any party we had at home.
- While the people who saw him when he was first born adored him, their love for him has become so much greater now that he's developed his own personality.
- I loved her, adored her and what she represented.
- In worship we adore the Triune God of creation and redemption and He gives Himself in the fullness of grace to His people.
- Worship and adore the Guru, the Perfect True Guru, and all your sinful residues shall be dispelled.
- The prize was some small comprehension of the worship of a people, unique because the God it adored and glorified was unique.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.