Translation of advantage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (superior factor) she had the advantage of knowing the languageto have an advantage over somebodytenía la ventaja de saber el idiomaher experience gives her an advantage over metener ventaja sobre alguienknowledge of German an advantagesu experiencia la coloca en una situación de ventaja con respecto a míse valorarán conocimientos de alemánExample sentences1.2 uncountable (gain) See examples: it would be to our advantage to wait a while
he may find the new situation more to his advantagenos convendría esperar un pocoto turn something to (one's) advantagepuede ser que la nueva situación le resulte más ventajosathis vase shows off the roses to their best advantagesacar provecho or partido de algoto take advantage of somethinglas rosas lucen al máximo en este floreroaprovechar algo[pejorative]she took full advantage of the opportunityaprovecharse de algohe took advantage of their innocenceaprovechó al máximo la oportunidadto take advantage of somebody (exploit)se aprovechó de su inocenciaaprovecharse de alguien(seduce) [euphemistic] [dated]1.3 (in tennis) (no plural) advantage Williamsaprovecharse or abusar de alguien [euphemistic] [anticuado]ventaja WilliamsExample sentences
- A set of regulations should also be set up to support academic fields in which Taiwan has advantages or special features.
- This feature offers distinct advantages over the one-way system, but also at a higher cost.
- This feature will have advantages for customers in the pharmaceutical industry, where speed is critical.
- Henman races to three set points but Udomchoke gets a stay of execution as the Briton lets slip his advantage for deuce.
- Is it 30 all, deuce, advantage to them or set point to me?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the