Translation of advantage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (superior factor) ventaja (feminine) she had the advantage of knowing the language tenía la ventaja de saber el idioma to have an advantage over sb tener* ventaja sobre algn her experience gives her an advantage over me su experiencia la coloca en una situación de ventaja con respecto a mí knowledge of German an advantage se valorarán conocimientos de alemánExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (gain) it would be to our advantage to wait a while nos convendría esperar un poco he may find the new situation more to his advantage puede ser que la nueva situación le resulte más ventajosa to turn sth to (one's) advantage sacar* provecho or partido de algo this vase shows off the roses to their best advantage las rosas lucen al máximo en este florero to take advantage of sth aprovechar algo [pejorative/peyorativo], aprovecharse de algo she took full advantage of the opportunity aprovechó al máximo la oportunidad he took advantage of their innocence se aprovechó de su inocencia to take advantage of sb (exploit) aprovecharse de algn (seduce) [euphemistic/eufemístico], [dated/anticuado], aprovecharse or abusar de algn [euphemistic/eufemístico] [anticuado] 1.3 (in tennis) (no plural/sin plural) ventaja (feminine) advantage Williams ventaja Williams
- A set of regulations should also be set up to support academic fields in which Taiwan has advantages or special features.
- This feature offers distinct advantages over the one-way system, but also at a higher cost.
- This feature will have advantages for customers in the pharmaceutical industry, where speed is critical.
- Henman races to three set points but Udomchoke gets a stay of execution as the Briton lets slip his advantage for deuce.
- Is it 30 all, deuce, advantage to them or set point to me?
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.