Translation of advantage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (superior factor) she had the advantage of knowing the languagetenía la ventaja de saber el idiomato have an advantage over somebodytener ventaja sobre alguienher experience gives her an advantage over mesu experiencia la coloca en una situación de ventaja con respecto a míknowledge of German an advantagese valorarán conocimientos de alemánExample sentences1.2 uncountable (gain) it would be to our advantage to wait a while
nos convendría esperar un pocohe may find the new situation more to his advantagepuede ser que la nueva situación le resulte más ventajosato turn something to (one's) advantagesacar provecho or partido de algothis vase shows off the roses to their best advantagelas rosas lucen al máximo en este floreroto take advantage of somethingaprovechar algo[pejorative]she took full advantage of the opportunity
- A set of regulations should also be set up to support academic fields in which Taiwan has advantages or special features.
- This feature offers distinct advantages over the one-way system, but also at a higher cost.
- This feature will have advantages for customers in the pharmaceutical industry, where speed is critical.
aprovecharse de algoaprovechó al máximo la oportunidadhe took advantage of their innocencese aprovechó de su inocenciato take advantage of somebody (exploit)aprovecharse de alguien(seduce) [euphemistic] [dated]1.3 (in tennis) (no plural) advantage Williams
aprovecharse or abusar de alguien [euphemistic] [anticuado]ventaja WilliamsExample sentences
- Henman races to three set points but Udomchoke gets a stay of execution as the Briton lets slip his advantage for deuce.
- Is it 30 all, deuce, advantage to them or set point to me?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.