- 1 countable/numerable [Marketing/Márketing] (on radio, television) anuncio (masculine), spot (masculine) (publicitario), aviso (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , réclame (masculine) or (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) , reclame (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (in newspaper) anuncio (masculine), aviso (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) a shampoo advertisement, an advertisement for shampoo un anuncio ( or spot etc) de champú while the advertisements are on mientras pasan los anuncios or la publicidad we put in an advertisement for our car pusimos un anuncio para vender el coche an advertisement for two secretaries/teaching posts un anuncio solicitando dos secretarias/ofreciendo dos puestos de profesor she's a good advertisement for vegetarianism su salud dice mucho en favor del vegetarianismo
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (proclaiming) anuncio (masculine), divulgación (feminine)More example sentences
- It has produced non-commercial public service advertisements, including ones for the 1999 election.
- And nowhere is this science more exciting than in the advertisements for personal care products.
- City pages of newspapers are filled with high visibility advertisements for new products.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.