Translation of affair in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (case) the Watergate affairel caso or affaire WatergateExample sentences1.2 (event) the wedding was a small, family affair
la boda se celebró en la intimidadit was a very formal affairfue una ocasión muy ceremoniosathe last outing was a very different affairla última excursión fue muy diferenteaffair of honor [literary]cuestión (feminine) de honor1.3 (business, concern) changing nationality is a complicated affairel cambio de nacionalidad es un asunto complicadothat's my/your affair!¡eso es asunto mío/tuyo!what I do in my own time is my affairlo que haga con mi tiempo libre es asunto míoExample sentences
- The revolution in military affairs refers to this new form of information-based warfare.
- Martin also took a keen and active interest in political affairs and events happening around the country.
- Hitler's growing involvement in the details of economic life matched an increasing intervention in military affairs.
- As in all matters concerning the affairs of Muslims our guide is the Qur'ân.
- She went from running errands to running his life, convincing him that she should manage his affairs and business matters.
- We all need to realise that religion should be a private affair and a matter of belief.
also: affairs plural(matters)asuntos (masculine plural)to put one's affairs in orderponer sus ( or mis etc) asuntos en ordena man of affairsun hombre de negocioshome/internal affairsasuntos interiores/internosit's a poor state of affairs if I can't even buy myself …pues sí que están bien las cosas si ni siquiera me puedo comprar … [ironic]what's the current state of affairs in the real estate market?¿cómo está la situación en el mercado inmobiliario?Example sentences
- You can be aggressive when you need to resolve business and financial affairs.
- You are blessed with a youthful outlook and dynamism to manage business or financial affairs successfully today.
- It had been closed some months back after the organization intervened in the business's financial affairs.
- He enjoyed a passion for collecting art and an interest in public affairs.
- Besides farming and fun, the clan's big interest was politics - they all felt an interest in public affairs was a duty.
- His interest in public affairs, especially in social questions, was keener.
- 2 (liaison) she's having an affairtiene un amantehe had an affair with her years agotuvo un affaire or [colloquial] un lío con ella hace muchos añosthey're having an affairtienen relaciones
tienen un lío [colloquial]Example sentences
- This is why extramarital affairs are so damaging.
- Swingers often point to the high rates of clandestine extra-marital affairs when discussing this issue.
- As well, different extramarital affairs demand different strategies on the part of the spouse or others.
- The restaurant is the best; an old-fashioned wood-and-leather affair with a horseshoe bar.
- The back light, a scratched grey plastic affair which had come with the bike, was less satisfying.
- His early albums were scratchy affairs, recorded using just a boombox with a cheap built-in microphone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.