Translation of affinity in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 countable or uncountable (between ideas, people) affinity
withsomethingafinidadaffinity conalgo forsomebodyI feel no affinity for himExample sentences
- Some authors have suggested a close relationship between cycads and Lyginopteris, but most favor an affinity to Medullosan seed plants.
- It seems that the dualistic language has an innate affinity to directive speech acts (in a second-person perspective).
- The researcher suggested a close affinity to Tetraodontiformes, although this idea has not been generally accepted.
- Across the continent there were marked continuities in physical characteristics and cultural features, and many linkages based on relations of kinship, affinity, exchange, and religion.
- Related to this notion of communal affinity is ‘social closure’.
- Peoples with no particular affinity toward each other are bound together in a state that was largely externally created and not the outcome of local political processes.
- 2 uncountable (Chemistry)Example sentences
- Several of these results were based on measurements of binding affinities between specific residues in S4 and in the pore domain.
- In the context of the affinity of hemoglobin for oxygen there are four primary regulators, each of which has a negative impact.
- Besides the long-range interactions it makes with neighboring protease residues, the binding affinity of a peptide also depends on its own conformation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.