Translation of affirmative in Spanish:
- [reply/statement] afirmativo [form/particle] [Linguistics/Lingüística] afirmativoExample sentences
- The very fact that the statement is qualified implies or at least suggests an affirmative answer.
- Nods and affirmative statements came from everyone in the room.
- Then you will have to get an affirmative answer.
- As we saw earlier, the logical empiricists held that the answer to this question is affirmative, and the logician largely agreed with them about this.
- In general then, the relation of subject to predicate in a true affirmative judgment is the relation of what is at least relatively indeterminate to what at least partially determines it.
- In arguments of this form, all three propositions (the two premisses and the conclusion) are universal, affirmative, and assertoric.
- her answer was in the affirmative respondió afirmativamente put these sentences into the affirmative [Linguistics/Lingüística] ponga estas oraciones en afirmativo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.