Translation of afoot in Spanish:
- 1 (under way) plans are afoot to create …hay planes or proyectos de crear …there is a campaign afoot to …se ha puesto en marcha una campaña para …what's afoot?¿qué se está tramando?Example sentences
- Preparations are afoot, measurements are made, ground is staked out.
- But plans are already afoot to ensure that the festival is revitalised next year.
- The other good news is that there are plans afoot for there to be a free festival next year!
- 2 (on foot) (US)Example sentences
- But to the younger generation, a winter holiday means action- and down through the 'Swamp hollow' and over the hill road they go, afoot or in sleighs, through the drifting snow, to a barn dance at the Centre.
- I suppose from the looks of things that I shall have to go afoot the rest of the way.
- She went afoot all the way to our house. I founded her sleeping on the grass in the morning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.