Translation of again in Spanish:
When used with a verb, again is often translated by volver a + infinitive: we had to start again tuvimos que volver a empezar; I asked him for it again se lo volví a pedir.
- 1 (another time, once more) otra vez, de nuevo I had to do it again tuve que hacerlo otra vez or de nuevo, tuve que volver a hacerlo try again vuelve a intentarlo, prueba otra vez or de nuevo I've told you time and time again oagain and again! ¡te lo he dicho mil veces or una y otra vez! don't ever do that again! ¡no vuelvas a hacer eso! I'll never speak to you again no te vuelvo a hablar en la vida never again! ¡nunca más!, ¡es la última vez! not again! ¡otra vez! not soup again! ¿otra vez sopa? what's his name again? ¿cómo dijiste que se llamaba?Example sentences
- To resort to the good old cliché yet again, one can wait and watch the drama unfold in the days to come.
- Old friends are met again as new friends leave my social sphere, ringing in the changes.
- Once again, feel free to listen again and make any adjustments you deem fit.
- 2 (in comparisons) we've done 40 miles and it's as far again to the border ya hemos hecho 40 millas y nos quedan otras tantas para llegar a la frontera heating may cost as much again la calefacción puede llegar a salir otro tanto
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the