Translation of agency in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -cies)
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (office) agencia (feminine) advertising/press/model agency agencia de publicidad/prensa/modelos 1.2 (branch) sucursal (feminine), filial (feminine)Example sentences1.3 (department) organismo (masculine)
- Firstly, Scottish Enterprise is a government-funded agency not a government department.
- In the education service the governing body of each agency is the employer of the chief executive.
- The article then goes on to include the title of the report and the specific agency that issued it.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (means) through the agency of influential friends a través de or por medio de amigos influyentes through the agency of wind and rain por la acción del viento y la lluviaExample sentences
- Hence they are not easy to weigh up their adversarial effects which are not known by the agency of action and at the time of the action.
- Later he became strongly opposed to the theory that proglacial lakes were formed by the agency of huge glacial dams.
- Happiness is finally restored by the agency of enchanted potions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.