n (plural -cies)
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (office) agencia (feminine) advertising/press/model agency agencia de publicidad/prensa/modelos employment agency oficina (feminine) de empleo 1.2 (branch) sucursal (f), filial (f)More example sentences1.3 (department) organismo (masculine)
- Firstly, Scottish Enterprise is a government-funded agency not a government department.
- In the education service the governing body of each agency is the employer of the chief executive.
- The article then goes on to include the title of the report and the specific agency that issued it.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (means) through the agency of influential friends a través de or por medio de amigos influyentes through the agency of wind and rain por la acción del viento y la lluviaMore example sentences
- Hence they are not easy to weigh up their adversarial effects which are not known by the agency of action and at the time of the action.
- Later he became strongly opposed to the theory that proglacial lakes were formed by the agency of huge glacial dams.
- Happiness is finally restored by the agency of enchanted potions.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.