Translation of agony aunt in Spanish:
- (British English) [colloquial](persona encargada del consultorio sentimental de una revista, programa radiofónico etc)Example sentences
- As well as her frequent TV appearances, she writes an agony aunt column in a broadsheet newspaper.
- Once again, our resident agony aunt answers your questions on those embarrassing personal problems that can only be solved by having them published in the national press.
- Hovering elsewhere is the figure of the agony aunt, Aunty Emang, a newspaper sage ‘so popular that she was viewed as something of a national institution’.
Definition of agony aunt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.