Translation of agony column in Spanish:
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], consultorio (masculine) (sentimental)Example sentences
- I never thought I would ever end up writing to an agony column for advice, but here I am doing just that.
- Well I suppose they don't need to write in to an agony column.
- He was a pioneer composer in Hollywood briefly, but he soon spent much of his time on newspaper work, including an agony column.
- Sherlock Holmes put down the Daily Gazette where he had been perusing the agony column, his daily ritual, and retrieved a letter from his coat pocket.
- This string of intimate messages, popularly known as the Agony Column, has long been an honored institution in the English press.
- I read nothing except the criminal news and the agony column.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is La Candelaria (Candlemas). An occasion for celebrations and parades in many Spanish-speaking countries.