Translation of agony column in Spanish:
- (British English) [colloquial]Example sentences
- I never thought I would ever end up writing to an agony column for advice, but here I am doing just that.
- Well I suppose they don't need to write in to an agony column.
- He was a pioneer composer in Hollywood briefly, but he soon spent much of his time on newspaper work, including an agony column.
- Sherlock Holmes put down the Daily Gazette where he had been perusing the agony column, his daily ritual, and retrieved a letter from his coat pocket.
- This string of intimate messages, popularly known as the Agony Column, has long been an honored institution in the English press.
- I read nothing except the criminal news and the agony column.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.