Translation of agree in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (be in agreement over) See examples:to agree (
that)they all agreed (that) it was too lateestar de acuerdo ( en que)yes, it must feel odd, he agreedtodos estuvieron de acuerdo en que era demasiado tarde1.2 (reach agreement over) it was agreed that he should go on his own—sí, debe resultar extraño —asintióto agreese decidió que fuera él solo when/ what/ howetcto agree to +ponerse de acuerdo en cuándo/ en qué/ en cómoetc infinitivethey agreed to meet at sixquedar en+ infinitivelet's agree to differ o disagree, shall we?quedaron en encontrarse or verse a las seisdejémoslo, no vale la pena discutir: ni tú me vas a convencer a mí ni yo a tiExample sentences1.3 (decide on)
- The plan involves agreeing a pay rise for this year and continuing negotiations over wage increases for the next two years.
- It was agreed that negotiations should take place with both contractors.
- After negotiation, we agree a set of terms under which the autopsy will be performed.
- 2 2.1 (consent) See examples:to agree to +
infinitiveshe agreed to accompany meaceptar + infinitiveI reluctantly agreed to help herdijo que me acompañaría2.2 (admit, concede) See examples:to agree (consentí en ayudarla that)reconocer or admitir or aceptar ( que)Example sentences
- Magistrates cannot order that people be removed to hospital unless the hospital authority agrees to accept them.
- To avoid the authorities, he agrees to accompany an inventor to go around the world in 80 days.
- She was so thrilled by the prospect of motherhood that Thorn follows the advice of a priest and agrees to accept an orphan child as his own.
- 1 (be of same opinion)I couldn't agree moreestar de acuerdoI quite agreeestoy completamente de acuerdodon't you agree?lo mismo digo yoto agree¿no te parece?¿no crees?
aboutsomethingat least we agree about thatestar de acuerdo or coincidir enalgoto agreepor lo menos en eso estamos de acuerdo or coincidimos withsomebody/somethingI can't agree with you thereestar de acuerdo conalguien/algoen eso sí que no estoy de acuerdo contigoExample sentences
- We agreed on the main issue: that new technologies make it possible for this to be done.
- This is the underlying issue which campaigners agree must be tackled in years to come.
- Nevertheless almost everybody agrees that a thought is produced when the brain neurons fire.
- (consent to)
- 1.1 (food/drink/climate)wine doesn't agree with him
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the