Translation of agreement in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (shared opinion) we need agreement on the mattertenemos que ponernos de acuerdo or que llegar a un acuerdo sobre el asuntoto be in agreement (with somebody)estar de acuerdo (con alguien)she nodded in agreement to reach agreementllegar a un acuerdoExample sentences1.2 countable (written arrangement)
(Business)to come to o reach an agreement (with somebody)
- I'm in agreement that the divorce rate is exceptionally high and mostly avoidable.
- We're all thoroughly in agreement that these first-past-the-post elections are a bad thing.
- The meeting was in agreement that action has to be taken to end the monopoly.
contrato (masculine)llegar a un acuerdo (con alguien)to have an agreement (with somebody)tener un acuerdo (con alguien)to enter into an agreementaceptar los términos de un acuerdoto sign an agreementfirmar un acuerdoto break/honor an agreementromper/respetar un acuerdoagreement to +
infinitivethere's an unspoken agreement between them not to apply for the same jobexiste un acuerdo tácito entre ellos de no solicitar el mismo trabajothe union will honor the agreement not to strikeel sindicato respetará el compromiso de no recurrir a la huelgaExample sentences
- She contends that such agreements were final and binding on the parties.
- In effect, they are hiring the union to act as agent in the negotiation of agreements.
- He did not have to enter into the agreements for leases if he did not want to.
- 2 uncountable (consent) to obtain somebody's agreement (to something)obtener el consentimiento de alguien (para algo)
- 3 uncountable 3.1 (harmony, concord) to be in agreement (with something)concordar or estar en concordancia (con algo)3.2 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- The chapter concludes with a discussion of agreement markers triggered by inflection classes.
- There is some evidence that the possibility of dropping expletive subjects is linked to agreement.
- Many current treatments of agreement assume that a noun phrase like "John" or "the book" has a single set of agreement (person, number, gender) features.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.