Translation of ahead in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (indicating movement) she went on ahead to greet themse adelantó para saludarlostake the second left, then go straight aheadtome la segunda a la izquierda y luego siga todo recto or derechoI'll go on ahead to see what's happeningyo iré delante or adelante a ver qué está pasandoshe sent the trunk ahead by railmandó el baúl antes or por delante por trenfull speed o steam ahead! (Nautical)¡avante a toda máquina!Example sentences1.2 (indicating position) a short distance ahead
un poco más adelantethe post office is straight aheadla oficina de correos está siguiendo recto1.3 (in race, competition) our team was aheadnuestro equipo llevaba la delanterawe're only one goal aheadvamos ganando por solo un golthe Japanese are still way ahead in that fieldlos japoneses siguen estando a la cabeza en ese campoExample sentences1.4 (in time) the years/months ahead
- ‘Come, we might as well start our journey as we talk,’ he said as he motioned towards the road ahead.
- They're not moving, just gazing ahead toward the Japanese lines.
- A passenger in his car, his son, said he had not been paying attention to the road ahead as they travelled towards their home.
los años/meses veniderossee also→ go ahead → think ahead etc
- Bootham Cons surged ahead to lead 8-1 but Holgate fought back to 10-10 after 11 ends.
- Ecofin's day at the races… And they're coming up the back stretch now and it's Economic Recovery way ahead in the lead.
- Quitting while he was ahead, Shaw led his last big band in 1950.
los próximos años/mesesExample sentences
- What steps have been taken, and what's ahead in the near future?
- Having just finished recording his debut album last week, Mike plans to learn more about music, take sound engineering courses and plan ahead for the future.
- Mrs Gilligan, who with her husband and sons runs a thriving dairying farm, believes the new system will give farmers the freedom to plan ahead for the future.
- 2ahead of 2.1 (in front of) 2.2 (in race, competition)por delante de2.3 (before) she got there an hour ahead of everybody elsellegó una hora antes que los demásyou will be notified ahead of the meetingse le hará saber antes de or [formal] con antelación a la reuniónAthens is two hours ahead of LondonAtenas va dos horas por delante de Londreswe're ahead of time
en Atenas es dos horas más tarde que en Londresvamos adelantadosthey arrived ahead of timellegaron antes de la horapayments ahead of timepagos por adelantadosee also→ time 1 8 1
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.