- 1 1.1 (indicating movement) she went on ahead to greet them se adelantó para saludarlos take the second left, then go straight ahead tome la segunda a la izquierda y luego siga todo recto or derecho I'll go on ahead to see what's happening yo iré delante or adelante a ver qué está pasando she sent the trunk ahead by rail mandó el baúl antes or por delante por tren full speed o steam ahead! [Nautical/Náutica] ¡avante a toda máquina!More example sentences1.2 (indicating position) a short distance ahead un poco más adelante the post office is straight ahead la oficina de correos está siguiendo recto 1.3 (in race, competition) our team was ahead nuestro equipo llevaba la delantera we're only one goal ahead vamos ganando por solo un gol the Japanese are still way ahead in that field los japoneses siguen estando a la cabeza en ese campo 1.4 (in time) the years/months ahead los años/meses venideros, los próximos años/meses see also go ahead think ahead etc
More example sentences
- ‘Come, we might as well start our journey as we talk,’ he said as he motioned towards the road ahead.
- They're not moving, just gazing ahead toward the Japanese lines.
- A passenger in his car, his son, said he had not been paying attention to the road ahead as they travelled towards their home.
- What steps have been taken, and what's ahead in the near future?
- Having just finished recording his debut album last week, Mike plans to learn more about music, take sound engineering courses and plan ahead for the future.
- Mrs Gilligan, who with her husband and sons runs a thriving dairying farm, believes the new system will give farmers the freedom to plan ahead for the future.
- 2ahead of 2.1 (in front of) delante de 2.2 (in race, competition) por delante deMore example sentences2.3 (before) she got there an hour ahead of everybody else llegó una hora antes que los demás you will be notified ahead of the meeting se le hará saber antes de or [formal] con antelación a la reunión Athens is two hours ahead of London Atenas va dos horas por delante de Londres, en Atenas es dos horas más tarde que en Londres we're ahead of time vamos adelantados they arrived ahead of time llegaron antes de la hora payments ahead of time pagos por adelantado see alsotime1 8 1
- Bootham Cons surged ahead to lead 8-1 but Holgate fought back to 10-10 after 11 ends.
- Ecofin's day at the races… And they're coming up the back stretch now and it's Economic Recovery way ahead in the lead.
- Quitting while he was ahead, Shaw led his last big band in 1950.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.