Translation of alert in Spanish:
- alerta (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) to be alert (vigilant) estar* alerta (lively-minded) ser* despierto to stay alert mantenerse* alerta or en guardia, seguir* atento or prestando atención to be alert
tosth estar* atento aalgoExample sentences
- At the other end Dermot Byrne almost got clear but Farrell Cuddihy was very alert to clear the danger.
- There are signs that Congress is at least somewhat alert to these dangers.
- Though at times they don't seem to be the most aware of animals, sheep are very alert to mood swings, and this time was no exception.
- alerta (feminine) on red/amber alert en (estado de) alerta or alarma roja/amarilla to put sb on the alert poner* a algn en guardia, alertar a algn be on the alert for any suspicious visitors estáte alerta or al tanto por si viene alguien sospechoso
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [troops/police/coastguard] alertar, poner* sobre avisoto alert sb
tosth young people need to be alerted to the dangers of drug abuse se debe alertar a los jóvenes sobre los peligros del consumo de drogas, se debe poner en guardia a los jóvenes frente a los peligros del consumo de drogas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.