Translation of alert in Spanish:
- to be alert(vigilant)
estar alerta(lively-minded)to stay alert
ser despiertomantenerse alerta or en guardiato be alert
seguir atento or prestando atención
tosomethingestar atento aalgoExample sentences
- At the other end Dermot Byrne almost got clear but Farrell Cuddihy was very alert to clear the danger.
- There are signs that Congress is at least somewhat alert to these dangers.
- Though at times they don't seem to be the most aware of animals, sheep are very alert to mood swings, and this time was no exception.
- on red/amber alerten (estado de) alerta or alarma roja/amarillato put somebody on the alertponer a alguien en guardiabe on the alert for any suspicious visitors
alertar a alguienestáte alerta or al tanto por si viene alguien sospechosoExample sentences
- The main north-south highway was reopened on Thursday but motorists were urged to remain on alert against possible dangers caused by the continuing heavy rains.
- And now, as his execution by lethal injection nears, some clinics providing abortions are on alert for possible violence.
- But the industry was put on alert about the possible tax rises at a conference this month when a representative from the Revenue said the memoranda would need to be reviewed.
- (troops/police/coastguard)to alert somebody
poner sobre aviso
tosomethingyoung people need to be alerted to the dangers of drug abusese debe alertar a los jóvenes sobre los peligros del consumo de drogas
se debe poner en guardia a los jóvenes frente a los peligros del consumo de drogasExample sentences
- Wenger did the game a service by alerting us to the dangers.
- Surely it would make more sense to put up an advert outside a football ground alerting men to the dangers of testicular or prostate cancer?
- A pensioner is lucky to be alive after her dog alerted her to the danger of a fire at her home
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.