Translation of alert in Spanish:
- alerta (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) to be alert (vigilant) estar* alerta (lively-minded) ser* despierto to stay alert mantenerse* alerta or en guardia, seguir* atento or prestando atención to be alert
tosth estar* atento aalgoExample sentences
- At the other end Dermot Byrne almost got clear but Farrell Cuddihy was very alert to clear the danger.
- There are signs that Congress is at least somewhat alert to these dangers.
- Though at times they don't seem to be the most aware of animals, sheep are very alert to mood swings, and this time was no exception.
- alerta (feminine) on red/amber alert en (estado de) alerta or alarma roja/amarilla to put sb on the alert poner* a algn en guardia, alertar a algn be on the alert for any suspicious visitors estáte alerta or al tanto por si viene alguien sospechoso
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [troops/police/coastguard] alertar, poner* sobre avisoto alert sb
tosth young people need to be alerted to the dangers of drug abuse se debe alertar a los jóvenes sobre los peligros del consumo de drogas, se debe poner en guardia a los jóvenes frente a los peligros del consumo de drogas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.