- alerta (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) to be alert (vigilant) estar* alerta (lively-minded) ser* despierto to stay alert mantenerse* alerta or en guardia, seguir* atento or prestando atención to be alert
tosth estar* atento aalgoMore example sentences
- At the other end Dermot Byrne almost got clear but Farrell Cuddihy was very alert to clear the danger.
- There are signs that Congress is at least somewhat alert to these dangers.
- Though at times they don't seem to be the most aware of animals, sheep are very alert to mood swings, and this time was no exception.
- alerta (feminine) on red/amber alert en (estado de) alerta or alarma roja/amarilla to put sb on the alert poner* a algn en guardia, alertar a algn be on the alert for any suspicious visitors estáte alerta or al tanto por si viene alguien sospechoso
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [troops/police/coastguard] alertar, poner* sobre avisoto alert sb
tosth young people need to be alerted to the dangers of drug abuse se debe alertar a los jóvenes sobre los peligros del consumo de drogas, se debe poner en guardia a los jóvenes frente a los peligros del consumo de drogas
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.