Translation of alibi in Spanish:
- [Law/Derecho] coartada (feminine); (excuse) excusa (feminine), pretexto (masculine)Example sentences
- Mr Lydon claims he has an alibi to disprove Mr Dunlop's allegations as he was a guest speaker at a conference hosted by the IACT.
- One of the players against whom an allegation was made, an England international, is understood to be claiming he has an alibi.
- What is the evidence that established that, other than the evidence of the alibi, ultimately said to be false?
- Note that there were the usual raft of excuses and alibis following the failures.
- Excuses, alibis and wild cover-up stories chased each other around Harry's brain, each more feeble than the last.
- We love to make excuses and believe alibis, however unlikely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.