- 1.1 (foreigner) extranjero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences1.2 (in science fiction) extraterrestre (masculine and feminine), alienígena (masculine and feminine)
More example sentences
- Because he's actually not a citizen, but an illegal alien, Valle is now detained in preparation for deportation.
- It would also make it harder for illegal aliens to seek political asylum.
- One assumes it's a sincere position against illegal aliens and illegal immigration.
- Reading that he thinks aliens in spaceships brought the DNA that humans came from to earth was enough.
- Go there and see an awe-inspiring picture of one of the original aliens in its spaceship.
- The novel follows the journey of a small group of people who leave our solar system to make contact with these newly discovered aliens.
- 1.1 (strange, foreign) [customs] extraño, foráneoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (unknown, uncharacteristic) (predicative/predicativo) to be alien
- This is blundering on foreign soil in an alien culture which they fail to grasp and arrogantly underestimate and they will ultimately pay the price of their ignorance.
- Despite numerous campaigns among players and fans to try and tackle racism, the game is still submerged in a sea of stereotypes about foreigners and alien cultures.
- For right-wing politicians, this commodification is associated with an invasive, alien, foreign culture.
- Perhaps it might seem alien to someone unfamiliar with comics.
- By forming this non-political movement, the members would not be made strange or alien to power.
- In fact, the whole act of writing anything at all feels rather strange and alien to me now.
tosb/sth serle* ajeno aalgn/algo that's completely alien to him eso le es totalmente ajeno (a él) 1.3 (of foreign power) (before noun/delante del nombre) [passport/airspace] extranjero 1.4 (in science fiction) (before noun/delante del nombre) extraterrestre, alienígenaMore example sentences
- King's program didn't merely advance the notion that an alien spacecraft crashed at Roswell in 1947.
- One third accepted lucky numbers and 30 percent felt that some UFOs were alien spacecraft.
- The inner workings of alien spacecraft are at last revealed!