Translation of all-American in Spanish:
- (typically American)(boy/girl)he's an all-American athlete
típicamente americanoes un atleta de clase internacionalExample sentences
- It was the only sour note in an otherwise blissful campaign visit that provided him with the ideal all-American backdrop to answer the latest attack on his presidential credibility.
- Tall and outgoing, he comes with curly hair, a fondness for motorcycles, and a no-frills, all-American manner, a quality you see in his dancing.
- While the company may upset parents with their risque ads and catalog, they still consider it to be a quality brand with an all-American style.
- (Sport)atleta (masculine or feminine) de clase internacional
jugador (-ra) (masculine, feminine) de clase internacionalExample sentences
- Dave had motored to the final with straight-set wins over John Musto and Richard Chin, the No. 1 players and four-time first-team all-Americans in the Class of '91 at Yale and Cornell respectively.
- We have two returning all-American pitchers; they're both second team all-Americans.
- At midfield, Downey must deal with the graduation of Harry Binning and the loss of two USLIA all-Americans.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.