Translation of all right in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (good enough, unobjectionable)she's all right, but I can't stand her boyfriendella no me cae mal, al que no aguanto es a su novio [colloquial]the weather was all righthizo buen tiempothe hotel looks all rightel hotel no parece estar maldo I look all right in this dress?¿estoy bien con este vestido?it's not very smart, but it's all right for workno es muy elegante, pero para ir a trabajar está bienyou're all right: I like you! [colloquial]¡me caes bien! [colloquial]he/she's a bit of all right (British English) [colloquial]está bueno/buena [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (acceptable, permissible)I'll pay you back tomorrow: is that all right?
mañana te devuelvo el dinero ¿okey? or (Spain) ¿vale?would Monday be all right (for you)?¿te viene bien el lunes?I'm sorry — that's all rightlo siento — no tiene importanciaI'll leave early today, if that's all rightsi no te importa, hoy me voy a ir tempranois it all right if I switch the TV on?¿te importa si pongo la televisión?is it all right to smoke in here/to swim here?¿se puede fumar/nadar aquí?it's all right for you to talk/laugh!¡claro, tú bien puedes hablar/reírte!is this water all right to drink?¿esta agua se puede beber?to be all right
- The picture quality is all right, though the image looks soft.
- The dinner was all right, but it was a long trip to make.
- I thought the show was all right.
witho bysomebodywe'll meet on Friday, if that's all right with everybodynos reuniremos el viernes, si nadie tiene ningún inconvenienteI never want to see you again! — that's all right by me!¡no te quiero volver a ver! — ¡por mí, encantada!Example sentences1.3 (before noun) [colloquial] (adequate)he's an all right guy
es un buen tipo [colloquial]they sell all right clothesvenden ropa mona [colloquial]
- If he is granted permission, many soldiers would think it all right to defy orders.
- It is all right for the author to be undecided or out of the loop during a production, but here I was directing and had to make up my mind.
- That would have been all right if other local authorities followed suit.
- 2 2.1 (well) are you all right?¿estás bien?I felt all right this morningesta mañana estaba or me sentía bienI'll be all right in a minuteenseguida se me pasaall right? (as greeting) [colloquial]¿qué tal? [colloquial]Example sentences2.2 (in order) the brakes are all right
los frenos están bienis everything all right, Sir?¿está todo a su gusto, señor?2.3 (safe) will the bikes be all right here?¿podemos dejar las bicis aquí? ¿no les pasará nada?you're all right: the ladder's secure it's all right, I'm not going to hurt you 2.4 (content) are you all right in that chair?¿estás bien en esa silla?to be all right for something [colloquial]are you all right for cash?¿qué tal andas de dinero? [colloquial]¿te hace falta dinero?are they all right for blankets?¿tienen suficientes mantas?→ jack1 4
- ‘I think mentally we've been all right and physically we've been magnificent in the last three games,’ he said.
- Once we found out that he was physically all right and that measures would be taken, we were excited for his opportunity.
- I really didn't want to wake him and he seemed all right physically.
- 1 (satisfactorily) he did all right in his examsle fue bien en los exámeneswe managed to find the place all rightencontramos el sitio sin problemasExample sentences
- If he comes through this game all right he will be included in Sunday's opening Norwich Union League match against Somerset at Taunton.
- Lungo said: ‘If he comes out of this race all right he will probably run at Carlisle a week on Monday in a qualifier for the EBF Final at Sandown.’
- Or am I just taking part in the old alcoholic self delusion of finding someone worse off than you in order to confirm that you're doing all right yourself.
- 2 (without a doubt) [colloquial]it's serious all rightes bien graveyou'll be sorry all rightya verás cómo te arrepientesthat's him all right, look at his walkseguro que es él, mira cómo caminaExample sentences
- If he was good enough, he would have won all right and Henrietta is surely a better trainer than one who would have experimented with a valued owner's pride and joy in a race like the King George.
- ‘He's probably stiff all right but definitely not from boredom,’ Pothos couldn't help but remark.
- I tell this Government that the people of Canterbury will be sending a message to this Government all right and it certainly will not be in support of this legislation.
- [colloquial]I won't be home till late, all right?volveré tarde ¿okey or (Spain) vale? [colloquial]can I come too? — all right¿puedo ir yo también? — buenoall right, I'm ready; let's go! all right, so I was wrong all right, all right, I'm coming!¡ya voy! ¡ya voy!a new world record! all right! (American English)¡un nuevo récord mundial, sí señor!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.