Translation of allied in Spanish:
- 1 (combined) (predicative) allied
witho tosomethingunido or sumadoinnate ability allied with diligence aalgola habilidad innata unida or sumada a la aplicaciónExample sentences
- He was allied with Clinton in the whole Monica Lewinsky controversy, a key Democrat in Washington.
- At all levels, cunning teachers allied with overbearing students.
- It was even more interesting now; the lentils had allied with the onions and were battling the celery.
- 2 2.1(nations/groups)allied
witho tosomebodyaliadotheir interests are closely allied to ours aor conalguiensus intereses están fuertemente ligados a los nuestros2.2also: Allied(of the Allies)Example sentences
- In December 1943, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was named Supreme Allied Commander.
- The start of the Allied attack on Rommel was code-named ‘Operation Lightfoot’.
- In World War II they served as a major Allied base.
- On the one hand it is good for the manufacturing industry and other allied industries like advertising and marketing.
- In the 20th century, aircraft and motor vehicles came to the fore along with numerous allied industries.
- Unlike medicine and allied professions, psychotherapy has established itself primarily outside the state sector.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.