- 1.1 (all-powerful) almighty God, God almighty God almighty! [colloquial] (as interjection)¡santo cielo! [colloquial]
¡Virgen Santísima! [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (huge, great) (bang/row) [colloquial] he's an almighty bore
es un plomazo [colloquial]Example sentences
- The fact that he has seen the dawning of the sun in the morning means that the almighty power of God is already protecting him.
- Why would Thomas transcend to a godlike state if he detests almighty power?
- The salvation of sinners does not depend on the way we state the truth, but on the almighty power of God.
- We were playing outside in the garden this afternoon when there was an almighty roar in the sky.
- The aspirin he had taken had finally started to kick in, and disintegrate his almighty hangover.
- An almighty roar of celebration, relief and happiness erupted upon the decks of the Devil Star as the ship emerged from warp space.