- 1.1 (all-powerful) almighty God, God almighty God almighty! [colloquial] (as interjection)¡santo cielo! [colloquial]¡Virgen Santísima! [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (huge, great) (bang/row) [colloquial] he's an almighty bore
es un plomazo [colloquial]Example sentences
- The fact that he has seen the dawning of the sun in the morning means that the almighty power of God is already protecting him.
- Why would Thomas transcend to a godlike state if he detests almighty power?
- The salvation of sinners does not depend on the way we state the truth, but on the almighty power of God.
- We were playing outside in the garden this afternoon when there was an almighty roar in the sky.
- The aspirin he had taken had finally started to kick in, and disintegrate his almighty hangover.
- An almighty roar of celebration, relief and happiness erupted upon the decks of the Devil Star as the ship emerged from warp space.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.