- 1 1.1 (forward) the restaurant is a bit further along on the rightel restaurante está un poco más adelante, a mano derechaI was walking along, minding my own business, when …iba caminando tranquilamente, cuando …I was carried along by the crowdla multitud me arrastró (hacia adelante)see also → come along → get along → move along etcExample sentences1.2 (with one) why don't you come along?
¿por qué no vienes conmigo/con nosotros?she brought her brother along
- The oxen continued to plod along the dusty prairie.
- Instead we found ourselves trundling everywhere in a clapped-out truck along roads with challenging surfaces.
- Further on, ignore some steps to the left and continue along the top of the gorge.
¿por qué no me/nos acompañas?trajo a su hermanotake an umbrella along
vino con su hermanollévate un paraguassee also → sing alongExample sentences
- At school and after Eric was a great sprinter and he brought along his old vest from his days with the Town Athletic Club.
- So if you plan to take your pet along for the trip this summer, heres what you should keep in mind before heading out.
- Naturally she went along to see who it was, and it turned out to be a cousin of mine.
- we walked along the shorecaminamos por la playathere were beacons all along the coastlinehabía balizas a lo largo de toda la costacut along the dotted linecorte por la línea de puntosshe ran her finger along the surfacepasó el dedo por la superficiethe church is a bit further along the roadla iglesia queda un poco más adelantewe stopped at several places along the wayparamos en varios lugares en or por el camino
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.