Translation of along in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (forward) the restaurant is a bit further along on the right el restaurante está un poco más adelante, a mano derecha I was walking along, minding my own business, when … iba caminando tranquilamente, cuando … I was carried along by the crowd la multitud me arrastró (hacia adelante) see also come along get along move along etcExample sentences1.2 (with one) why don't you come along? ¿por qué no vienes conmigo/con nosotros?, ¿por qué no me/nos acompañas? she brought her brother along trajo a su hermano, vino con su hermano take an umbrella along llévate un paraguas see also sing along
- The oxen continued to plod along the dusty prairie.
- Instead we found ourselves trundling everywhere in a clapped-out truck along roads with challenging surfaces.
- Further on, ignore some steps to the left and continue along the top of the gorge.
- At school and after Eric was a great sprinter and he brought along his old vest from his days with the Town Athletic Club.
- So if you plan to take your pet along for the trip this summer, heres what you should keep in mind before heading out.
- Naturally she went along to see who it was, and it turned out to be a cousin of mine.
- 2 (in phrases/en locuciones) 2.1along with (junto) con 2.2along about (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] it happened along about five o'clock ocurrió a eso de or como a las cinco
- we walked along the shore caminamos por la playa there were beacons all along the coastline había balizas a lo largo de toda la costa cut along the dotted line corte por la línea de puntos she ran her finger along the surface pasó el dedo por la superficie the church is a bit further along the road la iglesia queda un poco más adelante we stopped at several places along the way paramos en varios lugares en or por el camino
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to