- 1 (of high mountains) [pasture/flora] alpino, alpestre; [club/hut/skiing] alpinoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The hikers start in tropical rainforest territory and travel through moorlands, alpine meadows and glaciers on the summit.
- Plant communities thrive there, from ribbons of riparian plants to sagebrush fiats, lodgepole pine forests, subalpine meadows and alpine stone fields.
- They inhabit every terrestrial ecosystem on earth, from rainforest canopies to alpine mountains, from lakes and rivers to hot dry deserts.
- Events include snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and alpine downhill racing at the Sunshine Village, one of the most exclusive areas of Banff in the Canadian Rockies.
- The Alpine Trekker is simply a dummy ski-boot sole that you clip into your alpine ski binding.
- This was a hoot, since the exam was given on an alpine hill that I skied on with my long, skinny, wooden skis.
- 2(Alpine)de los Alpes, alpino
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.