- 1 (of high mountains) [pasture/flora] alpino, alpestre; [club/hut/skiing] alpinoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The hikers start in tropical rainforest territory and travel through moorlands, alpine meadows and glaciers on the summit.
- Plant communities thrive there, from ribbons of riparian plants to sagebrush fiats, lodgepole pine forests, subalpine meadows and alpine stone fields.
- They inhabit every terrestrial ecosystem on earth, from rainforest canopies to alpine mountains, from lakes and rivers to hot dry deserts.
- Events include snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and alpine downhill racing at the Sunshine Village, one of the most exclusive areas of Banff in the Canadian Rockies.
- The Alpine Trekker is simply a dummy ski-boot sole that you clip into your alpine ski binding.
- This was a hoot, since the exam was given on an alpine hill that I skied on with my long, skinny, wooden skis.
- 2(Alpine)de los Alpes, alpino
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.