Translation of alter ego in Spanish:
- 1.1 (intimate friend—man)amigo (masculine) íntimo(— woman)amiga (feminine) íntimaExample sentences1.2 (other self)
alter ego (masculine)Example sentences
- So he wants someone to love, and he's invited all his friends and/or alter egos to sing with him…haven't we heard this before?
- He was my father, my mentor, my alter ego, my irreplaceable best friend.
- The work also has affinities with Rodney Graham's filmic, psychological explorations of the self, in which the artist assumes various personae or alter egos.
- He had become a poet of alter egos, personae such as ‘Mathios Paskalis’ and ‘Stratis the Seafarer.’
- David Bowie has been recording popular music for well over 35 years, gaining initial notoriety for his multiple personalities and alter egos after ‘A Space Oddity.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.