adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (other) an alternative plan/method otro plan/método, un plan/método diferente they offered her alternative accommodation le ofrecieron alojamiento en otro sitio I know an alternative route yo conozco otro caminoMore example sentences1.2 (progressive, radical) [lifestyle/theatre/medicine] alternativo
More example sentences
- Can you talk about how and why it was humanism that triumphed over alternative possibilities?
- In recent years several sites have been examined as a possible alternative home for the Abbey.
- It is perfectly possible that an alternative government would overturn a hunting ban.
- Look at some of the most experimental alternative music going around at the moment.
- Both traditional doctors and alternative therapists work to the best of their ability in any given situation.
- Bizarrely, it completely omits any reference to alternative lifestyles or kinks of any kind.
- alternativa (feminine) you have no (other) alternative but to resign no te queda otra alternativa que dimitir he chose the alternative of renting a car optó por alquilar un cochealternative
tosth/ -ingthere are alternatives to flying volar no es la única forma de viajar
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.