Translation of alternative in Spanish:
adjective before noun
- 1 (other) an alternative plan/methodotro plan/métodothey offered her alternative accommodation
un plan/método diferentele ofrecieron alojamiento en otro sitioI know an alternative routeyo conozco otro caminoExample sentences
- Can you talk about how and why it was humanism that triumphed over alternative possibilities?
- In recent years several sites have been examined as a possible alternative home for the Abbey.
- It is perfectly possible that an alternative government would overturn a hunting ban.
- 2 (progressive, radical)(lifestyle/theatre/medicine)
- Look at some of the most experimental alternative music going around at the moment.
- Both traditional doctors and alternative therapists work to the best of their ability in any given situation.
- Bizarrely, it completely omits any reference to alternative lifestyles or kinks of any kind.
- you have no (other) alternative but to resignno te queda otra alternativa que dimitirhe chose the alternative of renting a caroptó por alquilar un cochealternative
tosomething/ -ingthere are alternatives to flyingvolar no es la única forma de viajarExample sentences
- It assumes that citizens are rational and aware of all possible alternatives.
- The evening that it started, the local news ran a story on possible alternatives to driving.
- There is no excuse for wearing real fur with so many humane alternatives now available.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.