Translation of alternative in Spanish:
adjective (before noun)
- 1.1 (other) See examples: an alternative plan/methodthey offered her alternative accommodationotro plan/métodoun plan/método diferenteI know an alternative routele ofrecieron alojamiento en otro sitioyo conozco otro caminoExample sentences1.2 (progressive, radical)
- Can you talk about how and why it was humanism that triumphed over alternative possibilities?
- In recent years several sites have been examined as a possible alternative home for the Abbey.
- It is perfectly possible that an alternative government would overturn a hunting ban.
- Look at some of the most experimental alternative music going around at the moment.
- Both traditional doctors and alternative therapists work to the best of their ability in any given situation.
- Bizarrely, it completely omits any reference to alternative lifestyles or kinks of any kind.
- you have no (other) alternative but to resignhe chose the alternative of renting a carno te queda otra alternativa que dimitiralternativeoptó por alquilar un coche
tosomething/ -ingthere are alternatives to flyingvolar no es la única forma de viajarExample sentences
- It assumes that citizens are rational and aware of all possible alternatives.
- The evening that it started, the local news ran a story on possible alternatives to driving.
- There is no excuse for wearing real fur with so many humane alternatives now available.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than