Translation of altogether in Spanish:
- 1.1 (completely)(different)that system is altogether simplerI've given up smoking altogetherese sistema es mucho más sencillothe decision wasn't altogether wisehe dejado totalmente de fumarhe dejado de fumar del todola decisión no fue del todo acertadaExample sentences1.2 (as intensifier) it would involve altogether too much effort
the trip was altogether ghastlysupondría un esfuerzo mayúsculo1.3 (in total)el viaje fue absolutamente espantosoExample sentences1.4 (on the whole) (sentence adv)
- And then there's the question of adjusting for inflation which I am not altogether sure how to go about.
- Cllr Brian Stanley said that he was not altogether sure that all the blame lay on her shoulders.
- In fact, I am not altogether sure that there is much truth at all going around Camps Bay these days.
- We were ten altogether.
- How many people altogether work in the same organization?
- Altogether 100 papers were found using the reported search, of which four presented the best evidence to answer the clinical question.
- He does the game completion stats for us as well, and altogether it can be quite time-consuming so he does a good job.
- Altogether it wasnt the most successful show for us.
- Altogether it's one of my absolute favorite movies of all time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than