Translation of altogether in Spanish:
- 1.1 (completely) [different] totalmente that system is altogether simpler ese sistema es mucho más sencillo I've given up smoking altogether he dejado totalmente de fumar, he dejado de fumar del todo the decision wasn't altogether wise la decisión no fue del todo acertadaExample sentences1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) it would involve altogether too much effort supondría un esfuerzo mayúsculo the trip was altogether ghastly el viaje fue absolutamente espantoso 1.3 (in total) en total
Example sentences1.4 (on the whole) (sentence adv) en general
- And then there's the question of adjusting for inflation which I am not altogether sure how to go about.
- Cllr Brian Stanley said that he was not altogether sure that all the blame lay on her shoulders.
- In fact, I am not altogether sure that there is much truth at all going around Camps Bay these days.
- We were ten altogether.
- How many people altogether work in the same organization?
- Altogether 100 papers were found using the reported search, of which four presented the best evidence to answer the clinical question.
- He does the game completion stats for us as well, and altogether it can be quite time-consuming so he does a good job.
- Altogether it wasnt the most successful show for us.
- Altogether it's one of my absolute favorite movies of all time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the