Translation of always in Spanish:
- 1 (at all times, invariably) you're late as alwaysllegas tarde, como siemprethey almost o nearly always wincasi siempre gananthe method doesn't always workel método no siempre funcionawe're going to Italy, always supposing we have enough moneyvamos a ir a Italia, siempre y cuando nos alcance el dinerohe's always shouting/bossing people aroundsiempre está gritando/dando órdenesI'm always banging my head on that beam
es un gritón/mandónsiempre me doy con la cabeza contra esa vigaExample sentences
- This annual dinner for the committee and their friends is always an enjoyable occasion.
- Over the years it seemed to become a household name and the event is always an occasion to look forward to.
- This is always a lovely community occasion and a large attendance is anticipated.
- Then there was the obligatory annoying kid that you always get in these movies.
- I suppose some would call it a woman's book which always sounds a bit derogatory to me.
- I loved Halloween but the costume selection part of it was always the most annoying.
- 2 (alternatively) we can always come back tomorrowsiempre or en todo caso podemos volver mañanayou could always wear your black dresssiempre or en último caso podrías ponerte el vestido negroExample sentences
- As a last resort you could always throw out the computer, but could you survive without eBay?
- Failing this there is always the marvellous views of the French Alps to look forward to.
- I think separation seems a bit more straightforward than a divorce and we can always get one at a later stage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.