Translation of always in Spanish:
- 1 (at all times, invariably) you're late as alwaysllegas tarde, como siemprethey almost or nearly always wincasi siempre gananthe method doesn't always workel método no siempre funcionawe're going to Italy, always supposing we have enough moneyvamos a ir a Italia, siempre y cuando nos alcance el dinerohe's always shouting/bossing people aroundsiempre está gritando/dando órdenesI'm always banging my head on that beam
es un gritón/mandónsiempre me doy con la cabeza contra esa vigaExample sentences
- This annual dinner for the committee and their friends is always an enjoyable occasion.
- Over the years it seemed to become a household name and the event is always an occasion to look forward to.
- This is always a lovely community occasion and a large attendance is anticipated.
- Then there was the obligatory annoying kid that you always get in these movies.
- I suppose some would call it a woman's book which always sounds a bit derogatory to me.
- I loved Halloween but the costume selection part of it was always the most annoying.
- 2 (alternatively) we can always come back tomorrowsiempre or en todo caso podemos volver mañanayou could always wear your black dresssiempre or en último caso podrías ponerte el vestido negroExample sentences
- As a last resort you could always throw out the computer, but could you survive without eBay?
- Failing this there is always the marvellous views of the French Alps to look forward to.
- I think separation seems a bit more straightforward than a divorce and we can always get one at a later stage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.