Translation of amalgam in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (mixture)Example sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (alloy) (esp in dentistry)
- More than 50 years ago, writer Carey Williams described LA as ‘a curious amalgam of all America’.
- In fact, what we're getting on November 30 is a curious amalgam of the reactionary and the progressive.
- A curious amalgam of straight history and political pamphlet, it was relatively little read in antiquity, and its modern status has declined in recent years.
- Another use of silver alloys is in dental amalgams.
- Depending upon the decorative nature of his work, he may also have known how to gild metals with an amalgam of mercury and gold.
- Very small amounts of mercury collect in our bodies from a number of sources including the environment, our food and our amalgam fillings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.