Translation of amalgam in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (mixture) amalgama (feminine)Example sentences1.2 u and c (alloy) (esp in dentistry) amalgama (feminine)
- More than 50 years ago, writer Carey Williams described LA as ‘a curious amalgam of all America’.
- In fact, what we're getting on November 30 is a curious amalgam of the reactionary and the progressive.
- A curious amalgam of straight history and political pamphlet, it was relatively little read in antiquity, and its modern status has declined in recent years.
- Another use of silver alloys is in dental amalgams.
- Depending upon the decorative nature of his work, he may also have known how to gild metals with an amalgam of mercury and gold.
- Very small amounts of mercury collect in our bodies from a number of sources including the environment, our food and our amalgam fillings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.