Translation of amateur in Spanish:
- (non-professional) a bunch of amateurs [pejorative]un grupo de gente sin ninguna profesionalidadExample sentences
- In another key component, the band sponsored a female athlete and an amateur in each sport.
- Last year, junior rider Kate Hart beat the professionals and the top amateurs to earn the victory.
- So first off it was probably the top club juniors, then the top amateurs, then, I guess, guys like Faldo and Clarke.
- 1.1 (not professional)(athlete/musician)
amateur(sport/competition)an amateur photographer
para amateursun aficionado a la fotografía1.2→ amateurishExample sentences
- The war dominates the lives of an enthusiastic band of amateur archaeologists known as the Diggers.
- In the absence of payment, amateur reviewers write overwhelmingly about topics they love.
- He believes the archaeological trust has a major educational role to play - for professional and amateur archaeologists alike.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.