Translation of amateur in Spanish:
- (non-professional) a bunch of amateurs [pejorative]un grupo de gente sin ninguna profesionalidadExample sentences
- In another key component, the band sponsored a female athlete and an amateur in each sport.
- Last year, junior rider Kate Hart beat the professionals and the top amateurs to earn the victory.
- So first off it was probably the top club juniors, then the top amateurs, then, I guess, guys like Faldo and Clarke.
- 1.1 (not professional)(athlete/musician)(sport/competition)an amateur photographerpara amateurs1.2→ amateurishun aficionado a la fotografíaExample sentences
- The war dominates the lives of an enthusiastic band of amateur archaeologists known as the Diggers.
- In the absence of payment, amateur reviewers write overwhelmingly about topics they love.
- He believes the archaeological trust has a major educational role to play - for professional and amateur archaeologists alike.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.