Translation of ambush in Spanish:
- (troops/vehicle)they were ambushed by guerrillas
tenderle una emboscada alos guerrilleros les tendieron una emboscadaExample sentences
- So while we were in the cart, some of my soldiers ambushed the officers and stole their uniforms.
- I think they might have let me know in advance what they were planning instead of ambushing me, don't you?
- Perhaps we have stumbled upon a party intent on ambushing us and raiding our lands.
- to lay an ambush (for somebody/something) they lay o waited in ambush for the column to passesperaron emboscados a que pasara la columnaExample sentences
- There have been frequent attacks on livestock too, with crocodiles waiting in ambush near the river bank.
- Barracuda and dogtooth tuna are a common sight along these edges just cruising or lying in ambush.
- He could only see one metal wall, so he had no idea of how well it was guarded or if an ambush was waiting for him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.