Translation of amount in Spanish:
- 1 (quantity) any amount of somethinggrandes cantidades de algono amount of somethingno amount of arguing will change their opinionspor más que discutamos no van a cambiar de opiniónI spent a huge amount of time on the projectinvertí muchísimo tiempo en el proyectoto increase/reduce the amount of current/heatsubir/bajar la corriente/temperaturaExample sentences
- Well, if the universe is flat, this tells us something about the total amount of mass and energy in it.
- The first period totalled up a paltry amount of three genuine opportunities.
- If it is prolonged and performance is affected, this will affect the total amount of coverage we get.
- 2 (sum of money) add the two amounts togethersume las dos cantidadesthe full o total amount was over $10,000el (importe) total ascendía a más de $10.000Example sentences
- The government had set aside significant amounts of money to rebuild the city, but inflation meant that this was still not enough.
- Drivers contribute huge amounts of money to the government through road tax, tax on car sales, and we all know about fuel duty.
- In recent elections soft money has become a way for wealthy individuals to contribute large amounts of money to the political parties.
- 1 (add up to)
(bill/debt/assets)our debts amount to over $1 million
nuestras deudas ascienden a más de 1 millón de dólaresmy savings amount to very little
mis ahorros son muy modestosnot to amount to anything/muchshe'll never amount to anything
nunca llegará a nadawhat he said didn't amount to much
no dijo gran cosa2 (be equivalent to) it amounts to stealing
viene a ser lo mismo que robarit all amounts to the same thing
equivale a robar
equivale a robar
viene a ser lo mismoher silence amounted to an admission of guilt
su silencio era prácticamente una admisión de culpabilidadwhat it amounts to is that we have to …
lo que significa or quiere decir es que tendremos que …he doesn't love her, that's what it amounts to
no la quiere, eso es lo que pasa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.