Translation of amplify in Spanish:
transitive verb -fies, -fying, -fied
- 1.1(sound)(voltage/current)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (elaborate on)
- Finally, good sound systems only amplify bad sound.
- You can also improve the sound quality by changing the sample and bit rate or amplifying the sound.
- A microphone picks up ambient sound and amplifies it, and volume control allows you to adjust the level.
- This system reads out the chemical changes electronically, amplifies the electronic signal and further processes it.
- A variable gain amplifier variably amplifies a monitor signal according to the operating mode determined by the gate and outputs an amplified monitor signal.
- The first sampling transistor is configured to sample the same RF input signal that is amplified by the amplifier transistor.
- To begin with, I should reiterate and amplify my statement above that I was paying for this purchase with a credit card.
- So he had no cause to amplify the statement that the ‘essential factor in determining liability is whether the damage is of such a kind as the reasonable man should have foreseen’.
- The outcome of any public discussion can never be known with certainty, but chances are that it will amplify stories that imply risks of higher oil prices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.