Translation of analogous in Spanish:
- 1.1(situation/position)to be analogous
too withsomethingser análogo aalgoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (organs/parts) (Zoology) (plural)
- The question of democracy is in a number of respects analogous to slavery.
- This is analogous to the law relating to the fire services and quite close factually to Alexandrou v Oxford.
- The moral of that is if we've got a silicone system which is analogous to us in these respects we ought to treat that system as a person too.
- This could involve the expression in a yeast mutant, which is defective for an analogous transport system.
- An analogous role is played by the PAM complex in mitochondria.
- There was no homology between sequenced clones and analogous repeats in potato IGS.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.