Translation of anatomize in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Biology)(animal/plant)hacer la disección deExample sentences1.2 (society/institution) [formal]
analizar minuciosamente or detenidamenteExample sentences
- They were not like Da Vinci, who would anatomize corpses to learn about the conformation of the human body.
- He also uses anatomising skill to get under the skin of these shifty doctors.
- Torn, we are told, was so obsessed by anatomical study that he stashed anatomized body parts under his bed, an unhealthy practice that contributed to his early death.
- There was no leader whose speech could be dissected, no party whose splits could be anatomised, no single manifesto whose implications could be discussed.
- A New Shirt, a novel, and the story collections The Mourning Thief, Lebanon Lodge, and A Link with the River show Hogan anatomizing his own fictional world of the western midlands.
- In anatomizing character, the Victorians' leading fear ‘was not moral relativism but weakness of will.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than