Translation of anchor in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Nautical) to be o lie o ride at anchorestar ancladoto cast o drop anchor to weigh anchor the ship was dragging its anchorel buque estaba garrando or garreando1.2 (mainstay, support) hope/faith was his anchorla esperanza/fe fue su sostén or [literary] su áncora de salvación
- 1.1 1.2Example sentences
- Thus, for a quantitative characterization it seems reasonable to assume that vesicles are anchored at certain positions and can only move in a restricted space.
- Danny Dichio chipped in with two West Brom goals to keep County firmly anchored at the foot of the table.
- Gilkey was anchored securely to his position in the gully with two ice axes while the others moved to the other side of a rocky rib to set up a tent.
- At some point construction on the inside of the marina will begin and anchored yachts will be chased back outside.
- Personnel from HMAS Anzac set off to do a tour of Egypt while the ship is anchored near the entrance to the Suez Canal.
- A ship is anchored and ready to set sail for England on my command.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.