Translation of anchorman in Spanish:
noun plural -menPronunciation: /-men/
- 1 (Television)Example sentences
- John and Jimmy even plead with the blow-dried anchorman at a local TV station to air a special report on Mikey.
- Having watched what happened with my father as an anchorman, I understand that the idea is that news has a problem: they're losing viewers.
- He becomes Ron: the shallow-but-photogenic anchorman whose back-stage pettiness contradicts his on-screen friendliness.
- 2 (Sport)(última persona de un equipo en competir, particularmente en carreras de relevos)(in tug-of-war) (competidor colocado en uno de los extremos)Example sentences
- Weber, the anchorman of this immortal team, was the essence of unmuscled execution.
- The anchorman on Coach McDonnell's team was South African, Alistair Cragg, who holds dual Irish citizenship and ran for Ireland in the World Cross-country Championships in Croatia last December.
- As for complaining about aches and pains, ‘She doesn't do it more than anyone else,’ says Sam Norwood, anchorman on Talley's team.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.