Translation of and in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 black and white father and son ham and eggsbread and butter to mix business and pleasurehuevos con jamónso we decided to leave — and?mezclar los negocios con el placerduring June and/or Julyasí que decidimos irnos — ¿y?but there are journalists and journalists!durante junio y/o julio¡pero hay periodistas y periodistas!Example sentences1.2and so on o and so forth and so on, and so forth
- The shop, which sells donated books and CDs, helps owners on benefits to pay for treatment for sick pets.
- He and I had been friends for a long time.
- He was wearing a navy blue and green anorak.
- 2 (in numbers) See examples: one and a half two hundred and twentyan hour and five minutesdoscientos veintefive and forty [archaic or liter]una hora y cinco minutosExample sentences
- She's sick of spending her lunches with people that are so stupid they can't add two and two.
- I believe that four and four are eight.
- I know that two and two make four - and should be glad to prove it too if I could.
- 3 (showing continuation, repetition) See examples: faster and fasterit gets easier and easiercada vez más rápidohe just eats and eatsse hace cada vez más fácilweeks and weeks passedno hace más que comerpasaron muchas semanaspasaron semanas y más semanas
- 4 (with inf) try and finish this todaywe must wait and see what she doestrata de terminar esto hoycome/go and help your fathertenemos que esperar a ver lo que haceven/anda a ayudar a tu padreExample sentences
- We're going to see a day where 100,000 people come and worship with us on a weekend, between our five services.
- Our primary objective right now is to try and market the region as a whole.
- The experts also advise that you try and keep your cool.
- 5 5.1 (implying a result) a minute longer and he would have drowned [colloquial]5.2 (adding emphasis) something should be done, and quicklyun minuto más y se habría ahogado [colloquial]those who refuse, and there are many …habría que hacer algo, y rápidolos que se niegan, y son muchos …Example sentences
- Spamming is getting worse and worse - and more profitable for spammers.
- This case just continues to get more and more complex.
- Meeting the needs of a growing population will require the country to sink further and further into debt.
- I've been a humongous fan of his music for years and years.
- I ran and ran until I reached the outskirts of the forest.
- This was a very flat land - he could see for miles and miles, it seemed.
- I opened the door and looked around.
- The man then ran towards a waiting car and was driven away by someone else.
- I lifted my arm and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.
- But the fun had gone out of it and the next day we did not travel.
- Early successes in some areas were dramatic, and by the early 1960s malaria was reduced to very low levels in certain countries.
- Don't take the movie too seriously, and you might enjoy it too.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.