Translation of animal in Spanish:
- 1 (creature) man is a political/social animalto bring out the animal in somebodyel hombre es un animal político/socialdespertar el instinto animal de alguienExample sentences
- There are all sorts of ways in which an animal can organise a response when faced with a particular situation.
- These animals are herbivores, specializing on the flowers of creosote bushes.
- Rabies affects the central nervous system of animals and causes behavioral changes.
- The animals must also be fed an organic diet and be allowed to roam freely.
- Let's remind ourselves how BSE came about: because farmers fed animals to animals.
- We rest the herd near camp on a large area of tundra where the animals can feed.
- 2 (brute)Example sentences
- He's just brute strength. You get him into the weight room and he's just an animal. You just walk by and you can sense how powerful he is.
- "He's just an animal," Schimeck, a defensive end, said. "He's one of the hardest kids I've ever had to tackle. He puts his shoulder down and he'll just run you over."
- Your unthinking hatred of all things public and your disconnect with history and reality, doom you to the status of a mindless animal.
- (desires/needs)de la carne(behavior)propio de un animalExample sentences
- These masks combine avian and marine animal characteristics with the tusks and horns of land animals.
- Teams of police and wildlife agents are training to shut down markets and curbside animal vendors.
- Jellyfish belong to one of the oldest extant animal phyla, the Cnidaria.
- The meaning of human life would be reduced to the physical, base animal instincts, trapped within the contours of the body.
- Can the legend be explained by animal instinct and natural intelligence alone, or did a true friendship develop between these two hunters of the sea?
- Christopher crumples to the ground, groans, expressing emotions in a physical, almost animal way, that most of us are incapable of.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than